The Disciplines that are Essential in the Spiritual Aspirant (Advice to Sadhakas): Composed by Sri Muruganar
Translated and Annotated by Robert Butler
English translation of the Tamil text, Cātakarkkuriya Cattāṉa Neṟikaḷ, composed by Sri Muruganar containing a collection of 96 sayings for the benefit of spiritual aspirants. Contains the the verses in Tamil, with translation in English, and explanatory notes by the translator for some of the verses. Also, contains the scanned images of the original handwritten text of Sri Muruganar.
First Edition 2020, Pages viii + 46, Paperback
Few of the sayings from the book:
2. For those who know the nature of consciousness there is no danger.
3. For thos who come to know the Truth, the Truth itself will foster certainty.
4. Empty disputation is like dry bones. Knowledge born of experience is worth a thousand gold pieces.
5. Eradication of the ego is the state of immortality. Therefore the renunciation of the ego is that which is most rare and precious.
8. Awareness of oneself, one’s real nature, which is the foundation that shines naturally in the place where the superimposed ego is eradicated, alone is the meaning of what is called ‘grace’.